L'Arche Chicago is Seeking a Part-Time Support Assistant/Job Coach
Potential Full-Time Live-In Assistants
Begin a journey of lifelong transformation. Many of our former assistants describe their time living in community with people with and without disabilities as one of the most significant experiences of their life.
For more information on the full-time assistant role, please see our Assistant FAQ and Description Page
Part-Time Support/Job Coach Assistant
L’Arche Chicago seeks a part-time Support Assistant/Job Coach to support adult individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. This position requires a self-directed and motivated creative thinker.
- Providing support Monday through Friday from 9-2pm, primarily at a 1:1 ratio
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
- Transporting individuals between Employment Services office and their place of employment.
- Supporting individuals as necessary in their employment responsibilities.
- Supervising and guiding individuals to remain on task and complete duties in a timely manner
- Working one-on-one directly within the person's community in a variety of community settings
- Supporting individuals to build skills of money management, household chores, and building relationships
- Any and all duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Possess a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
- At least one year experience in the Human Services field and/or demonstrate the ability to work with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Experience working with individuals on the Autism Spectrum is preferable.
- Demonstrate a history of dependability, reliability and punctuality.
Submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining your qualifications, your experience, and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.